Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our Brother Paul

I recently heard a sermon on our brother Paul.  He was an excellent follower of Christ a man I would proudly model after.  He went through a lot though!  Flogging, stoning and the cruel words of the evil men that tracked his every step.  Paul had gotten shipwrecked, and bit by a viper. . .yet in all this he didn't stop following God, he would pick himself up by his bootstraps and keep walking and preaching God's Word!  I wonder how many times when he was about to get beaten or stoned thought "Yes!  I'm about to meet my God and go home!".  And yet every time he found himself still on man's earth.  I can't wait to see Paul in heaven and sit down and listen to those wonderful stories on how he sacrificed himself wholeheartedly for God and His kingdom.  I want to be exactly like Paul. . .and go on a wonderful journey serving God and His kingdom.

I want to be in front of our God in heaven and have him tell me, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
I want to be able to say what Paul says below. 

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment