Thursday, May 3, 2012

Prisoner of Christ

What does Prisoner of Christ Jesus mean? We all know that Paul was a prisoner and in chains but how do we become a prisoner of Jesus Christ? 
1) We need to sacrifice our entire beings ( Romans 12:1)
2) We need to Love God and our fellow brothers and sisters above all (Deuteronomy 6:5 & Leviticus 19:18)
3) Go, make disciples and baptize in the name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19

I think these (notice this is just my opinion) three things are the basics.  Sure God has a lot of other things we need to follow and be totally committed to, but I think these are the things God wants to  focus on the most.  Sacrificing ourselves so he can bend us to His will.  Loving Him and other people so we will do what he asks for others.  And last making disciples and preaching His Word, God wants us to help save people, to spread His word like wildfire!

I think this is what Paul did, he sacrificed himself, loved God and people and went out to make disciples! He even made some while in prison!  Now that is what I call a follower! He could've sat and sulked but NO! He preached! So lets all set out to be Pauls today or better yet mini Christs.  Because that is what God calls us to do!

~J~

2 comments:

  1. I awarded you over at my blog!
    http://stopandsmelltheroseshere.blogspot.com/
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I awarded you over at my blog once again! :)

    ReplyDelete