Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fall in love. . .

Elijah, was a man of God.  He went through so much!  Telling King Ahab there would be a famine and drought, while Ahab worshiped Baal (the god of rain and reproduction). Then he trusted God and went to hide and was fed by ravens and drank from the brook.  But Elijah's works are not the things that astonish me.  The thing that astonishes me is his FAITH, it is so strong he trusts God with everything including his life.  God listened to Elijah, he talked to Elijah, I feel sometimes he probably walked (in a sense) with Elijah.  Elijah was in love with God.  Now at the end of his journey Elijah got to go into heaven in a chariot that went up in a whirlwind.  Elijah's life is a model for us.  We should fall in love with God and trust him with our own lives.  So this Valentines day are you going to fall in love with our Christ? I am!  God is worthy of everything I give him, but I'm not  worthy of everything He has given me. 

God Bless you

~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment